This page has moved to a new address.

Rosary Beads for Prayer

Bead Lovers Korner: Rosary Beads for Prayer

Monday, September 24, 2012

Rosary Beads for Prayer

Turquoise Chain Link Rosary

Several years ago I was trying to think of another product to add to my offerings of beads and supplies, something that was different but would complement what I already had for sale. As I contemplated this the words "Prayer Beads" began to form in my mind. I thought "That is perfect!", since I already have so many pendants or supplies that are spiritually related.

I bought a book and searched the web, for insight and background knowledge, about all the different types of prayer beads that are used today. I read the book, but got side tracked and never made a move to try making anything. Earlier this year something just came over me, I like to think it was Divine Guidance, but it was a powerful need to start doing this and I spent the whole day learning more details and put it into motion.

Sapphire Swarovski Pocket Rosary
While I am not Catholic, with all the strife and events that have happened this year, according to Glenn Beck "We are all Catholics now!". It doesn't really matter, it is the worship of God and the support of that worship that is important. So I started with making Rosary Beads. 

Violet Swarovski Chain

I am not sure what is is, maybe it is the comfort of repetition or just knowing that something I make could be used in a more worthwhile way other than body decoration. I love the way it feels to take separate beads and wire to create a chain, and the simplistic beauty of the finished piece is extremely satisfying. I guess that is how someone feels when they knit or crochet.

Swarovski Rosaline Pink Rosary Bracelet

If you are reading this, then you already realize the importance of prayer and building a relationship with The Divine. Especially in a world that seems to be on the edge, prayer is purifying and comforting.While my beads hold no power themselves, it is my hope that they will help the receiver realize the power of prayer and strength within.

To find the Rosaries and Chaplets that I have made, please visit the Beaded Gifts Ideas section of the Bead Lovers Korner Etsy Store

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At September 25, 2012 at 12:39 PM , Anonymous Staci Ann said...

They are beautiful!

 
At September 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Gari Anne said...

Thank You so much, Staci Ann!!

 
At September 25, 2012 at 6:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Staci Ann, thank you for that comment. Who knows, I may make a Catholic of my daughter, Gari Anne, yet!! gajmom

 
At September 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM , Blogger Gari Anne said...

:) well I don't know about that but I sure do like making the Rosary Beads!

 

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home