This page has moved to a new address.

Are you a Geek?

Bead Lovers Korner: Are you a Geek?

Monday, January 14, 2013

Are you a Geek?

Dexter inspired Ice Truck Killer Nails

This is the year I embrace my inner Geek, and what is that?? Well I looked up the definition.
Geek (noun) \ˈgēk\
1. : a carnival performer often billed as a wild man whose act usually includes biting the head off a live chicken or snake
2. : a person often of an intellectual bent who is disliked
3. : an enthusiast or expert especially in a technological field or activity <computer geek>

  1. I am not a carnival performer, and I have never bit the head off of a chicken or snake, although I did have a snake wrapped around my neck once.
  2. In school I always made really good grades, not too sure why, school was just easy and most people didn't like me much, but I always thought it was because I was the new kid in school. 
  3. I am an enthusiast in many types of things and activities: Star Trek, Star Wars, Reading, Halloween, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, et cetera.
So I qualify for all three! I have always liked things that most people do not, and have usually become enthusiastic about them, but if you look at that last definition in general... Everyone has some level of Geek inside of them! I think it is time that everyone embrace that quirky little interest or expertise!

Lastly, I really liked the Urban Dictionary's definition:

 The people you pick on in high school and wind up working for as an adult!
Embrace Your Inner Geek! 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home